Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Welcome to My FOSS Blog

Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to post research and updates on FOSS (Free Open Source Software) projects that interest me or that I am contributing to. This is for a class (Software Engineering) that I am taking at Berea College, and will hopefully carry on beyond my academic career.

To kick things off - a project of interest: http://openmrs.org 
OpenMRS is a technology platform for medical care in remote locations. This project is open source (of course) and well communitized, which is appealing. What's really attractive about this project, however, is the range of project possibilities. There are many options of varying difficulty which means there is something for everyone, even for a noob programmer like me. As of January 20th, 2016, there were 22 introductory projects ready to be picked up - 


Hopefully by my next post I will have decided on what I am doing (probably an OpenMRS project), and that will be the topic of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment